HitPay lets you import your sales and payments data daily into your Xero account. The integration is easy and simple to set up, and once you've connected your Xero account, HitPay will automatically import your data daily at 6 AM SGT into the bookkeeping accounts of your choice.
In order to get a better understanding of your HitPay payments and fees, we suggest that you create separate bookkeeping accounts for each set of data, making it easier to get a clear overview of transactions going in and out of your HitPay account and your bank account.
The guide below is a suggestion on how to set up your connection with Xero in the most straightforward way.
How to connect your HitPay account with Xero? (step-by-step)
- Sign in to your HitPay account
- Navigate to Settings> Integrations > Xero
3. Click "Connect to Xero" as shown below. A window will open up where you need to insert your Xero login details. Please select which Xero organisation HitPay can access and click "Authorise". You can connect only one HitPay account to one Xero organisation.
4. In order for the import to work seamlessly, you need to specify
1) Select the Sync Start Date
2) Select Xero Account Type as shown below for HitPay data (Sales, Refunds and Fees)
3) Select whether you would like to create a Sales Invoice for each individual sales transaction or by *payment method.
*All sales done by PayNow payment method and sales done by Stripe Payment methods (Cards,Terminal, WeChatPay and AliPay) will be consolidated separately, with separate sales invoices created for each of them.
We recommend syncing sales invoice per payment method so that the generated sales invoice can be easily reconciled with the bank statement credit from HitPay (for PayNow) and Stripe (for cards, terminal, WeChatPay and Alipay) easily.
4) Final step : Click on Save or Update
Can I connect multiple HitPay accounts to Xero?
You can only connect one HitPay business account to one Xero organisation.
When does the import happen?
When you set up the integration, you can select any date in the past to start the import. This will retroactively import data from HitPay to Xero for each day since the date selected. We recommend selecting a date within your current fiscal year in order to not alter any data in the period before the last closing of your books.
iZettle automatically imports data to Xero once every day at 6:00 AM SGT. Once you set up the integration, the first iZettle data will appear in Xero the next day.