Compatible devices: iOS and Android. Mobile and tablet only (no desktop).
1) Before setup
- Sign up for a HitPay account
- Activate payment methods. Go to HitPay Dashboard > Settings > Payment Methods > Cards > View Details > Input Details > Done
- Press power button to turn on the terminal. Scroll down to check your terminal’s serial number.
- For Android, open Bluetooth Settings on your Android device and pair it to your terminal. For iOS, go straight to ‘Set up’ steps.
Open HitPay App > Click on 3 lines at top left > Settings > Terminal > Device Type, select WisePad 3 > Go back and click Discover Readers > Select your terminal (based on serial number) > Pair > Done
If an automatic update begins, wait for it to complete. Once done, your terminal is ready!
3) Accept payments
Open HitPay App > Choose Quick Sale or Products
For Quick Sale: Enter charge amount > Tap charge button > Select payment method: Card Reader > Ask customer to tap or insert card > Get payment notification
For Products: Select a product from your store. You need to upload products on the Dashboard beforehand
If you can’t connect to the terminal, please check that:
- Bluetooth and Location Services are enabled on your phone
- Your terminal is currently charging or has more than 50% battery
- You are connecting to the correct terminal. Check your terminal’s serial number by pressing the terminal power button
Connecting to a new device:
The terminal can only connect to one device at a time. If you are switching to another device, please unpair the previous device first.
Most problems can be solved by resetting the WisePad 3. To reset:
Switch off the terminal by long-pressing the power button. After it’s completely off, tap the power button to restart. Quit the HitPay App or log out of your account > Restart or log back into the HitPay App > Follow Set up instructions
When automatic updates pop up, please wait for the update to complete. You can then continue using the terminal.